Saturday 22 March 2014

Oh.... Life

It's been just under a year since I last blogged. It's been a weird time. Like really weird.

Over the last year a lot has happened. New jobs. Life changing. All of this was really great for some things, like becoming a little more confident in myself to feel at ease in new situations and being able to work in new creative roles and media. But it also brought a lot of doubt, that is always hard to push away. Am I good enough? Everyone else is doing better than me. It this, or anything, actually right for me? Unfortunately these thoughts help make me my own worst enemy. From that stemmed a whole bunch of weird doubt in who I am and what am I doing? It made a little cloud of negativity float around my head day in, day out. And it was tough. Everything felt really strange.

So, from this I am trying to find that a new happy place. Less doubt. More happiness. Less worry about what other people think, or are doing with their lives. You only have one, so you might as well make it the best right? (To be fair, that is a lot easier to type then actually put in to practice, but hey ho)

I want to make a more personal space where I can share my thoughts, and I want it to be an honest place for me. Bad days, good days, grey days, neutral days. It's more of a challenge for me I guess. I'm not very good at opening up. But I want to. And if that means using the internet to chat to strangers because it's easier than doing it with the people closest to you, then I think for now, it's ok. It will still be a little Lauren hub of things I am working on, be it work or craft. And nice things I've seen. So, not to worry, it's not all deep and meaningful.

Anyway.

I saw this on the Brave Girls Club Facebook page and thought it was pretty lovely.

Lx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

UA-49970955-1